I wish that on this day I could write an ode to my lovely neighbors, in which I would make this post be in song form. Because on such a fictitious day, in which I would write said ode, I would be feeling oddly silly and positive and creative about something so jarring and agitating.
But on this actual day, I am not feeling oddly silly. I am, however, feeling sarcastic. And listful. Listful is a word, but today I am changing its meaning because I can't find a word for how I am actually feeling. Today, listful means: I want to write a fucking list. (By the way, if you know the word for that, please let me know.)
So instead of the ode I wish I could create, I give you an overly sarcastic list of reasons why I love my neighbors.
You have made my life so lovely, that I now call you the "lovely neighbors . Let me enlighten you, as to why you have made me so happy and glad to live here:
1. You have the capacity to play your music as loud as you want and you do. For that, I am so glad. For if I lived here, and could not hear your music at blood curdling volumes, I'm sure I would be sad. I might have to listen to my own music or my own TV! How absurd! So thanks for sharing your music with your neighbors!
2. You are consistent. Not only do you share your music with me, but you share it consistently! Not just every day, but throughout the night as well! I can always count on your strong base levels, that constantly sing to me, "Boom Boom Boom BA DA Boom Boom Boom BA DA Boom Boom Boom BA DA Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun (Slightly higher duns now) DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN (and back to) Boom Boom Boom BA DA Boom Boom Boom BA DA". It is so consistent, that sometimes I feel like I lack the ability to hear anything else! I will add a smiley face so you know that I'm still being nice :)
3. You know what you like. You have found the one type of music that you enjoy, and you do not waver from that. Diversity? Pshhh. You have no need for that! You must be so happy to have found music you like so much that you play nothing else. Congratulations! I have yet to find a song or even a type of music that I like that much!
4. You have somehow conquered the sleep conundrum. I don't know how you do it, or how you figured it out, but you have somehow mastered the art of never sleeping. Maybe you are a wizard! Maybe you are a scientist! I don't know, but I do know that you don't sleep! You play your music, that we have already discussed at great lengths until around 4 in the morning, but you are gone before my husband leaves for work at 6. Then when you get home around 2, you start your music again which proceeds until, the aforementioned ungodly hour of 4 AM. Thanks to you, I am have almost achieved the non-sleeping levels that you have! Thanks!
5. You know how to express yourselves. When, for just a moment, you perhaps turn your music down, and I start to wonder, "Have I gone deaf? Did a miracle just occur and the neighbors turned the music down?" You then reassure me, that neither have happened, because then you start yelling. Sometimes to each other, sometimes at each other, in anger, in happiness, sometimes it seems for no reason other than to say your favorite catch phrase, "ALL RIGHT ALL RIGHT ALL RIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT". But it is almost always as loud as the music. You see, I crave loud noises. And you left a void when you turned your music down. So thanks for reassuring me that I have not gone deaf, and replacing that void with your boisterous voices.
The girl on the other side of the wall,
Yes, the other side of your wall is my bedroom,
The girl who is joyous about the decision to move into a duplex,
**Disclaimer: I am severely sarcastic about all these things. I have no happiness or good feelings towards my neighbors.