2.04.2014

I Dyed My Hands Purple

I've been having a rough time with the color grey. For some reason, there is no grey linen anywhere. So I bought white linen thinking to dye it, not knowing that both "pearl grey" dye, and "black abyss" dye, would  turn fabric a blueish and a purpleish grey respectively.

Also my hands.

DSC_0019
Anya wanted in the photo so you could see the difference between purpleish grey / blueish grey / real grey.

But that's ok. I now have two really beautifully colored pieces of linen.

Still no grey linen.

Dearest husband has been sick. Poor husband. I think between the two of us, we've been sick more times in the past 4 months than ever in our lives.

But the good thing about being sick is getting to come home work from early. And eating lots of soup.


And having time to play with kitties.

DSC_0011

And having time to drink tea and coffee in bed.


Sorry for all the photos this morning. Actually no, I'm not sorry. That's the whole point of this.

So here is my creative photo for the day. The other ones were just things going on around me. It is creative because I started to dabble in some photo editing. Just the basics... contrast and color balances... sharpening... that sort of thing.


Love,
Your friend Breezy

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha this is the best post I think you've ever written. It was so incredibly YOU! Poor husband, I hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Share some love...