2.06.2014

It's Working?

It has been a new and terrifying road of discovery, to go without a conventional job for so long. And for the longest time I had my doubts that anything like this could work. That I could make things, and make money off of that. And that could be my job.

But you know what? Its working. I am making things. People are buying them.

I am so grateful, and dumbfounded, and happy. Oh so happy.

I am thankful that I have such amazing people that support and encourage me. And you know what? I'm thankful for the people that doubted me, and still doubt me. For all the people that asked, and still ask when I'm getting a real job.

It has not been easy, and it never will be. And I am far from where I want to be, but it is oh so nice to see progress. I'm trying not to get overly excited about a couple orders, because (like with anything) I know that there will be lulls. That it probably won't be consistent. It is hard not to be overly excited.

Last week...

I got my very first custom order. From a complete stranger. Someone who liked my creations enough to trust me to make not one, but TWO custom items for her. It was the biggest compliment to me.

CUSTOM ORDERS...?? Me?

I've been putting so much love into these two little pieces for her. I will always remember them.

Here is the first, more intricate one:
(Pay no attention to the unfinished edges, that will be done today)
DSC_0008

Since I've been doing so much embroidery over here, it is the focus of my daily photo for today:
15

I also took this one, but I liked the messy one better.
DSC_0029

Love,
Your overly excitable friend,
Breezy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some love...